Happy Valentine’s Month.
February, the month of love! This Valentine’s day is going to be a special one, for the past 6 years I have spent this day apart from my loved one. With one of us on the East coast and the other on the west, Valentine’s day was always tough. Although we would see each other every second or third week, the schedule never seemed to allow us to spend time together on February 14th. We would always make up our own date while he was home, however it was never quite the same. I guess you could say I was never really into Valentine’s day until this year! After a long-time coming, my boyfriend is home for good, and I will finally have my Valentine.
I decided to do a little DYI this year, something different and something thoughtful for my guy.
DYI Valentine Brew Labels
** FREE download of my label designs below **
As a graphic designer, I wanted to create something unique and fun this year for my boyfriend. So, I designed 6 Valentine brew labels to wrap around his favourite beer. Each label design features one of his/our favourite artist’s love song lyrics. From Chris Stapleton to Johnny Cash. These labels are perfect for a thoughtful little gift for that special guy in your life, or gal! I guess you could say its an adult version of a homemade Valentine.
Label design lyrics include:
- Chris Stapleton – “Say the word and I’ll be there for you. Baby, I will be your parachute”
- Johnny Cash – “Because you’re mine, I walk the line”
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – ” Be something you love and understand, Baby, be a simple kind of man”
- The Lumineers – “I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart”
- ZZ Top – “Gimme all your lovin’, all your hugs and kisses too”
- Eric Church – “I was singing to you, you were singing to me, I was so alive, never been more free”
Follow the steps below to make your own little 6 pack for your Valentine!
Step by Step:
What you need:
- Four – 8.5″ x 11 ” white full sheet labels (you can find these at Staples)
- Home printer
- Beer of your choice
Step 1 – Print off labels and trim.
Step 2 – Center label on bottle and smooth down from middle to ends
Step 3 – Match ends together
And ta-da, Your Valentine gift is complete!!
Hope you enjoy my label designs, feel free sharing this with friends, and check back to see more fun Valentine posts soon.